Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Databricks connection fails

Inactive User
Not applicable

I'm trying to set up a connection to Databricks, but get two errors: [Simba][Hardy] (34) Error from server: Could not resolve host for client socket.. and drivers sql set connect attr failed.

I followed this tutorial https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Configure-a-Databricks-Conne... and have attached screenshots of my setup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Luisa_Bez_0-1579865159185.png

Luisa_Bez_1-1579865289187.png

Luisa_Bez_2-1579865324209.png

Luisa_Bez_3-1579865346583.png

Luisa_Bez_4-1579865659413.png

Luisa_Bez_5-1579865693851.png

Luisa_Bez_6-1579865727745.png

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Inactive User 

I'm not a Databricks expert but I would check two things. Make sure that the host is a Databricks cluster JDBC/ODBC Server hostname (per https://help.alteryx.com/current/DataSources/Databricks.htm) and I would also not leave it to default for the database. See if you can select/type in a specific database. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi @joshuaburkhow,

Thanks for your reply.

I changed the setting from default to Databricks for the database, but unfortunately I still get the same errors.

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @Inactive User 

I think your next best option is to reach out to support@alteryx.com and see if they can help.!

Best of luck 🙂

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
Inactive User
Not applicable

I found a solution. Instead of connection to "Databricks" I had to connect to "Apache Spark on Databricks". I can then select my cluster and stream in data.

Labels