Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data not flowing form join to union tool

Sanjana_HS
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to join data from "Join tool" to "Union tool" but to my surprise the result which is flowing from joint tool is not flowing in union tool, there is no other tool between those two. can someone help me with this.

Union tool result for same search:

Sanjana_HS_0-1669047932351.png

Joint tool result for same research:

Sanjana_HS_1-1669048172486.png

8 REPLIES 8
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @Sanjana_HS 

Join tool creates a new column for the Right dataset which you join.

Left and Right dataset separately in the output of join.

But for the union tool, it matches with the first dataset.

So if the first dataset of that column is Integer and you are trying to merge both, the 2nd dataset date will not be correct which is the problem in your case.

Many thanks

Shanker V

DenisZ
11 - Bolide

I could imagine that the names of the columns are not identical in all three cases that go into the union tool and thus it might not show. Do upload the workflow so that it will be easier to trouble shoot. 

Sanjana_HS
8 - Asteroid

So what do you suggest @ShankerV 

CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Sanjana_HS ,

Put a browse tool on the union, the results may be showing just a subset of data rather than the full data (Ex. 23,234 of 100,000 records). By adding the browse tool, you'll be able to see and profile all of the data.

If this helped to solve your problem, please be sure to mark it as a solution! 

Thanks!

Carli
KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@Sanjana_HS 

have you applied any filter in the result window? 

Sanjana_HS
8 - Asteroid

No filter @KrishnaChithrathil 

trsali
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Sanjana_HS Add a browse tool after your union and search from the browse tool for your value. Hope this helps

trsali_1-1669137891909.png

CarliE
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@Sanjana_HS

Just wanted to follow up to make sure you have a solution here. If so, please be sure to mark it as a solution!

Thanks and happy solving!!! :)

Carli
Labels