Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data issue while connecting SAP Hana with Alteryx

jagdeep_ITL
5 - Atom

Hi,

When I am connecting one table from SAP hana with Alteryx Designer, I am getting incorrect price value. In data that value is "486,719.000", but when reading with Input tool in alteryx, it is showing as 4867190.00. Please help.

Extracted from table "EINE" and Filed name is "NETPR"

Thanks

Jagdeep Singh

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can click the 000 in the top right of the results window if you would like to see commas in numeric values. Otherwise, commas will not be shown because they exist purely as formatting unless stored in a database as a string.

BrandonB_0-1646409032855.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@BrandonB - I think @jagdeep_ITL was saying that an extra 0 was added to the figure (ie the amount was ten times what it should have been.). I'm no SAP HANA expert - perhaps the number is stored to three decimal places and something is re-parsing it as a two digits and pushing it over? 

Is this number a string which is being converted to a number? Ie at a database level is this number stored in varchar, float or fixed.decimal? I usually see numbers stored as fixed decimal in In-DB which if read incorrectly could create this error. If that is the case - try casting it as float or something in your initial query? If you are converting it to a double or something in workflow - I'd suggest that perhaps your conversion formula is off.

jagdeep_ITL
5 - Atom

Yes @apathetichell, you are correct. It is increasing value by 10 times. if i see the same value inside SAP, it is showing 3 zeros after the dot. 

@BrandonB, it is not about commas, it is about dot moving from .000 to 0.00, it is making 11.000 to 110.00. 

Please suggest.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

check to see the type of data. It sounds like it's force converting it to fixed decimal (x.2) so it's moving it over one column to only fit two decimals... Or you are converting it from a string.

Labels