Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data extraction

RajatRehria
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have extracted data from a pdf and so all data came in single column like name of the fund and amount, i want to remove the commas ( , ) from the all the numeric values but when i am doing the formula also removing commas from the fund name, any way like formulas to put so the commas get removed from from numeric values only and not from the Fund names (texts) 

Example:

Input:

ABC Fund, Limited, LP     425,447,100

XYZ Fund, Limited Partnership, LA    525,447,120

Desired output:

ABC Fund, Limited, LP     425447100

XYZ Fund, Limited Partnership, LA    525447120

6 REPLIES 6
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@RajatRehria One way of doing this

image.png

Prometheus
12 - Quasar

@RajatRehria Any time I want to identify patterns so I can leave certain characters in the data and get rid of other characters, I go to www.regex101.com. It's super helpful and intuitive and helped me tremendously in my RegEx journey.

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

Hey @RajatRehria 

Another way of doing this, using regex..

Regex: (.*?)(?:(?<=\d),(?=\d))

Capture.PNG

RajatRehria
8 - Asteroid

hi @binuacs i am trying to apply the formula using IF formula under Else condition nut i am facing an error, can u pls help?

Screenshot.png

Amol_Telore
11 - Bolide

@RajatRehria In the second last line in expression, before field name "Data", you missed a square bracket. like [Data]

RajatRehria
8 - Asteroid

Oh many thanks @Amol_Telore for correcting and many thanks @binuacs u too for this solution

Labels