Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data evidences for Audit regulations

JJ523
6 - Meteoroid

Hi There,

Hope you all are doing well.

I work in bank where we need to maintain the evidences of all activities run on Alteryx along with details of number of records from input files considered for processing through workflow and the number of records resulted in output to ensure no data losses as part of risk governance.

Please help me with any tool to save these details for every run of workflow. if not feasible by a tool, as a work around is there any way of exporting the messages from results window to a particular location. 

Looking forward to hear your suggestions. Many Thanks!!

4 REPLIES 4
TGreen
5 - Atom

Hi, JJ!

As a former auditor, I would suggest you the following to answer your request:

1) Always maintain a copy of the original input and output files. Those will present a better reference for auditors than a Count Records tool in your workflow, in order to evaluate the Completeness of your data.

2) You can export through the bottom Results window, in the All section, the workflow execution history. Simply right-click one of the rows, select the "Copy All" option and then the "Save As" to export in a text file the registry. It would be nice as well to take a couple of print screens right after the workflow run showing the beginning and ending of the registry, with registries inputted and outputted.

3) Besides Completeness, your Alteryx activities can be evaluated in terms of its accuracy/integrity. So make sure your workflow is well organized with the necessary annotations and comments over your tools to make it simple to understand for anyone who take a look on it.

I hope it helps.

TGreen
5 - Atom

Another tip would be to check Ganesh's macro in the following link, providing a written representation of your workflow, to share with people who might not have access to the program:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Engine-Works/Auditing-Alteryx-Workflows/ba-p/633913

TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

Hi,

I highly recommend using the Crew Macros, if the bank will allow you to run the installer on your desktop: Chaos Reigns Within: Macros

These are reliable: written by an Alteryx Ace & Alteryx developer. 2 key tool types:

1. Runner/Conditional runner: these execute your workflows 

2. Log parser: these parse the results from the execution

Hope this helps,

Tom

Runner.png

esoden
8 - Asteroid

Workflow Admin Manager was built to solve many of the issues you are facing. It's available in Alteryx Public Gallery and more information, webinars, blogs, etc. can be found here: https://capitalizeconsulting.com/workflow-admin-manager/

Trials are available and enhancement requests are being implemented very rapidly.

Labels