Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Transformation

pxs132
7 - Meteor

Hi,

The attached workflow transforms data from one row to multiple rows. It works but I am wondering if someone can recommend a better way for the task. Right now, the Arrange tool adds many null values and these null value rows have to be filtered out. If I have 10000 members in 2000 groups and the largest group has 20 people, I have to configure Arrange with 20 rows and it will generate 2000 (group) x 20 (rows)  = 40,000 rows and only 10,000 rows are expected.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@pxs132 
I use Cross Tab and Transpose and may this is what you want?pxs132.PNG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @pxs132 , give this a try and as suggested by @Qiu  this would be a better approach in case you want to make your workflow dynamic. Can you please test it on your original dataset in order to check if the workflow is working fine?

grazitti_sapna_0-1601268568712.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @pxs132 — Try this solution...

(I have added 4th Group to test more, in case any group has at least one value, but not all the three.)

vizAlter_2-1601268946842.png

pxs132
7 - Meteor

@Qiu@grazitti_sapna, and @vizAlter: Thank you so much for your solutions which are all great. Sorry the system only allows me pick one as accepted solution.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@pxs132 — Thank you very much!

This kind of technical issue should not be the case as I have seen several solutions today and each day that users mark more than one solution if all are correct.

pxs132
7 - Meteor

@vizAlter: You are right. I just found I can do it. Thank you!

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@pxs132 — Thank you, again! 🙂

Labels