Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Not Picking in Join Tool

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Can you please look into the attached workflow and advise why same data is not picking in Join Tool. Is there any issue in Amount column? If Yes how we can resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Rajeev

9 REPLIES 9
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Srawat,

All the data is in the join tool. All the data from the left input is in the left output likewise all the data in the right input is in the right output. Nothing has joined as all the joining fields have to match. For instance non of the data in the left has the same Transaction Date as the rights Posting Date.

IraWatt_0-1662984300275.png

Check out  the communities quick and easy video on joining data here: Joining Data - Alteryx Community

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Srawat No matching dates in the field Transaction Dae and Posting. I updated your second input file for the posting date

binuacs_0-1662984217877.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Srawat ,

As mentioned above, the issue in the date format (Posting date is date/month/year while Transaction date is month/date/year) so those should be converted to a standard format. You can use a formula tool in both streams before the join with a Datetimeparse function .

There's another issue with your values and the way negative values are reported. From the left hand-side of the join you use both minus signs and brackets for the negative values whilst from the other side only brackets to denote negative values. Those should be brought into a consistent format. I would suggest sticking with minus symbol would work best in case you want to change the data type further down.

Cheers,

Angelos

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

I have updated the dates. but still not picking the same data. please refer attached updated Workflow and advise.

Thanks

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Srawat,

You also join on Doc number and total/ammount.

IraWatt_0-1662986457737.png

If you look at the total/ammount columns they are not the same:

IraWatt_1-1662986508736.png

IraWatt_2-1662986523323.png

Hence these columns did not join.

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

Can you please guide how I can remove the amount error and can same the format.?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sure @Srawat, there are lots of way to do this. One way is to use the data cleanse tool and configure it to remove punctuation, excess spaces, ect..

IraWatt_0-1662989888318.png

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much, Now working fine.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Great to hear @Srawat ! have a good week 😄

Labels