Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Load Error for One Computer not any others

dev104
5 - Atom

I am simply loading an excel file on to an existing SQL table. My machine and my collogues' machines all have the same ODBC configuration, Alteryx Designer Version, and excel file. The issue I am running into is that there is a specific field with a [date] data type that will only work on my computer unless I change the data type to [varchar](255). All other systems work fine, the data type allows for nulls and all the data is the same format in my source file. Is this a settings issue in my Alteryx Designer program or is it something entirely different?

Please let me know

--

Dev

1 REPLY 1
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

If you are loading data from an excel file into a SQL database and getting an error, I suspect the error is because the schema of your SQL data has this field coded as a varchar. When reading .xlsx files into Alteryx, certain data types will get automatically picked up (such as dates).

Before writing any data to your SQL database, you must ensure that all the data types coming out of Alteryx, align with the data types in SQL.... so in your case, sounds like you need to update the date data type to a 255 character string. 

***Please like and mark this solution as resolved if this answer provided a solution to your questions***

Labels