Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Data Formatting in Files.

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Can anyone help me to formatting the data in different files. I have a folder and there are lots of files and in the each file have a particular tab with name "SAP Data" and want to see the data in proper format. please refer to the below screen. I need a macro where after running the macro all files "SAP data" tab format in one go.

Data 

Srawat_0-1677234061120.png

Folder have lots of  files. like this.

Srawat_1-1677234107233.png

Please refer to the attached a sample file and please advise.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Srawat

So you just want to unionize the data from all files into a single file? 

You can just use a Wildcard-Input ("*" in the Input Path), this way every single file is written underneath eath other. When you want to keep the info which table it comes from, use "Output File Name as Field" aswell. 

FrederikE_0-1677235099901.png

This works, as long as the columns do have the same name. Since this is SAP Data it should be the case. 

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

@FrederikE  hi, I just want that file should be remain same because there are other tab as well. So, just need a macro where they go to the each file and format the particular tab "SAP Data" and left same as it is.

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Srawat,

That's fine, you already have that configured the specific sheet in the Input file. 

You just need to make sure that all the data is in one folder, then it works. 

You can see in the attached pic that both files (duplicated yours one time) are being read. The we end up with 2*26 records beeing written underneath each other. The sheet "a" is never read by Alteryx. 

FrederikE_0-1677235902231.png

Srawat
8 - Asteroid

@FrederikE  Can you please share a sample workflow so that I can see and test. Thanks.

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

@Srawat,

Here is a packaged sample WF. I didn't send this at first because all it is is the Configuration window of a Input Tool and you need to manually change the filepath. 

Labels