Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Analysis

nicktekippe
8 - Asteroid

I'm not sure where to start on this one. I need my workflow to determine if the first test ran for each 'ParameterID' group was between -5 & 5 for 'DataValue' resulting in a passing test. Anything outside of those numbers would be a failing test. I have an example of the data attachedParameterID.png.

4 REPLIES 4
StellaBon
11 - Bolide

It sounds like you could:

1) Use a Summarize In-DB tool to group by parameterID and Data Value, then

2) Use a Sample In-DB tool to pull the First 1 as the test, then

3) Use a Formula In-DB tool to create a new column called "Pass_Fail" write a conditional formula such as:

CASE WHEN DataValue  >=  -5 AND  <= 5 THEN "Pass" ELSE "Fail" END  (modify as necessary for your type of SQL)

Then join back to your main dataset if needed. 

Hope this helps,

StellaBon

nicktekippe
8 - Asteroid

Hello Stella thank you for your reply. Did you mean to group by AssemblyID?

nicktekippe
8 - Asteroid

Update* 

I meant to put AssemblyID in description not Parameter ID

StellaBon
11 - Bolide

@nicktekippe Tip about Summarize Tool:

Whenever you want to "group by" a column (whatever the name may be) you usually want to use a Summarize tool. Summarize is very handy! Here's a hint that you want to use summarize: When you write out what you want to do in words (as you have when forming this question) and you write the words "for each" -- that's saying "For Each Group" -- so a Summarize tool will help you group, then other tools will help you perform actions on these groups. 

Because Summarize drops columns not included in the tool, You will have to ask yourself whether or not you need to join your newly summarized columns back to the larger dataset. 

Hope this helps! If it did, please accept as a Solution. 

StellaBon

Labels