Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Data Aggregation in Time Series

vkarthi8
7 - Meteor

I have Daily Input details with dates and amounts paid for 3 types of expenses - A,B &C. I use ETS model to run the forecast for these expenses and the results are given as daily forecast. 

Can anyone assist me, with ETS model, how to aggregate these daily forecasted expenses into monthly/month-wise forecast. 

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @vkarthi8 you could do something like this whereby you extract the month from each date:

DataNath_1-1669039799407.png

Then you can use a Summarize tool to group by each month and therefore aggregate up as you wish. Here I've just taken the Average of each month but you can use Sum/Min/Max etc. as well:

DataNath_2-1669039834678.png

Kakuffo
Alteryx
Alteryx

hi @vkarthi8  Without seeing your data its quite hard to say but could always aggregate the data up to a month level total for each type of expense.

You can extract the month and the year from the date datatype using the date time functions in the formula tool. This allows you to group on a monthly/yearly level Then use this to create your predictions that way the entries would be per month rather than per day.

ETS will still provide the forecasts as normal

---Update what @DataNath has kindly produced for you is exactly my thinking

vkarthi8
7 - Meteor

@DataNath , this solution worked for me.. Thank you

vkarthi8
7 - Meteor

@Kakuffo Thank you for your support ..

Labels