Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

DB2 Connection Error SQL30082N

MimiA
5 - Atom
Hello, all, I'm new here, so please forgive me if I'm asking something that has already been answered.  I've searched the community and followed the advice in the post mentioned below to no avail.

In Alteryx Designer, I'm trying to connect via Input Data node to DB2 on z/OS and getting this below error:

Get Table List Error: Error SQLDriverConnect: [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30082N  Security processing failed with reason "15" ("PROCESSING FAILURE").  SQLSTATE=08001

I have verified that I can connect to DB2 using other tools on the same computer using the same credentials, so it shouldn't be firewall or permissions related.  I have teammates who are doing the same process from their workstations without encountering this problem, and verified that I have the same DB2 ODBC driver.  Our enterprise is on the same version of Designer.

I followed the instructions in this post, but it didn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions to try or things I should check? 

Thank you for any advice you can offer.
3 REPLIES 3
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @MimiA 

This error appears to be coming from the driver itself, and not from Alteryx.

I checked the error and came up with this support page document.

https://support.na.sage.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=19752&sliceId=1

I would also check to make sure you have the correct driver installed for Alteryx.
Here is a link to the support page for this driver.

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/ibm-db2

Please check with your database admin to make sure you have the correct driver installed.
If after doing the above steps, you are still encountering the same error message, please email Support@alteryx.com and refer to this community post.

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
MimiA
5 - Atom

I'm on driver version 10.5 and I've reached out to support. Thank you for the reply.

MimiA
5 - Atom

I discovered that my DB2 installation was corrupted.  After uninstalling it and installing the DB2 client v10.5, I am now able to connect via Alteryx.  Thank you for your help.

Labels