Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Custom values

Inactive User
Not applicable

Hi team. 

I have A column with formula in excel and if the value changes in B and C column then values in A column will change.

Now, I want to give values either in B or C columns to check how much the value is changing in A column. please help.

8 REPLIES 8
Inactive User
Not applicable

I want to give custom values like if I change the value in B column how A column will change..... if it is done in interactive tool, please help me.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Inactive User,

If all you want to do is apply a formula to new data why not just use a formula in Alteryx and then output the results?

IraWatt_0-1656416674200.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

If you just want users typing in values then you could also use an Alteryx App:

IraWatt_1-1656416767770.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

@IraWatt Yes that is what I am looking for. Please help me with the workflow or which tool have you used 

Thanks in advance

Inactive User
Not applicable

I am looking to do it in app. Please help me on that

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Inactive User,

I've attached the example App. I would definitely recommend checking out these videos on the community to fully understand how they work, its only about 1 hour of content: Interactive Lessons - Alteryx Community Apps.

Click this button to run in Designer:

IraWatt_0-1656419557786.png

Inactive User
Not applicable

@IraWatt Definetly I will go through the videos. Thank you so much for the help and going extra by providing the link to watch necessary videos

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @Inactive User ! If you have any other questions please ask, If not make sure to leave a green solution tick 😄

Labels