Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Cross Tab Help

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to Cross Tab some data based on cell phone service providers.  I am having an issue with cross tab not working.  I am trying to group together providers based on having the same name but located in a different state.  I have attached the data and what the desired result is.  Can anyone help?

6 REPLIES 6
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@BrandonS4 
It is more a Summarize tool problem?

0126-BrandonS4.PNG

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu Thank you for this suggestion.  I have never used the Concatenate function when doing using the Summarize tool so this was good to learn. Very helpful.  Thank you very much!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@BrandonS4 
Glad to help and thank you for the accept mark. 😁

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

@Qiu What happens if Verizon is listed in the same state more than once?  For example, what if AT&T shows up in GA 3 times?  Wouldn't it duplicate the value in the summarize tool using concatenate?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@BrandonS4 
If AT&T shows up in GA 3 times and you dont want any duplicated names in the "State" column, we can do something like tihs.

0126-BrandonS4-r1.PNG

BrandonS4
8 - Asteroid

The issue I am having doing it that way is GA shows up 3 different times for AT&T and they also have 3 different amounts in GA.

Labels