Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating rows from existing columns

dianastate
6 - Meteoroid

Hi!

I have I have a file to clean up and it has multiple columns: Product Code, Linked Product Codes, Style Number etc.

Both the Product Code and Linked Product Code refers to the same style, they have the same attributes ( all the other columns following those columns are exactly the same). 
I want to paste all the Linked Product Codes as separate rows ( the linked product codes to become product codes on their one), and to be followed by the same attributes ( columns) as before.

I have made an excel with the workaround ( see table 2).
Any ideas how it can be done?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
SPetrie
12 - Quasar

If I understand this right, I think a select and a union tool are all you need.

Use the select to remove the product column and rename the linked column and then union that back in.

SPetrie_3-1680805155719.png

SPetrie_4-1680805185124.png

SPetrie_2-1680805092021.png

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

If you don't need the old column ("Linked Product Code") any more, Transpose tools may come in handy.

Input

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1680826029136.png

Workflow

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1680825979227.png

Transpose Tool Configuration

Yoshiro_Fujimori_3-1680826074214.png

Output

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1680826042833.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There's a few other options:
- filter product & linked products (using a select tool)  - and then union them into one data set - and then look for distinct by using the unique tool.

- you may be able to use the Arrange tool - this is one that doesn't get as much love as you'd expect - it's under Transpose

Labels