Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Creating a singular XLSX file with 2 sheets and not 2 separate files with the same name

T3skComplete2023
5 - Atom

Hi all I have recently joined 2 workflows on one page. One of the workflows output the Project cost data the other workflow outputs the staff lists for that project. There are about 200 projects all with there own staff lists and cost data, unfortunately I am not able to attach the data so the workflow will not work however I don't think it is needed in this case. Currently I am able to output each one into separate files within a folder however I am trying to make it so they output onto 1 excel sheet with 2 separate tabs.  

E.g Currently when I run my workflow I get 2 outputs both called "Stonehenge" one is the staff list one is the cost data Instead I am trying so it is just one File with 2 Tabs one for the cost data one for the staff list

I've attached the last part of my workflow (I think it has something to do with the last 2 tool boxes) and an example of the output I am seeing. 

I have put the output into the same area and given each one a different sheet name so I am a bit stumped as to why this isn't working. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@T3skComplete2023 the below approach should work for your use-case

image.png

T3skComplete2023
5 - Atom

It still appears to create 2 separate files with the same name, with only 1 sheet each perhaps my formula tool should be different?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@T3skComplete2023 the file name should be the same only the sheet name differs. Attaching a sample workflow

T3skComplete2023
5 - Atom

Thanks for your help turns out there was a white space at the end of the the project statement file name making them different I've taken that out and now I get one file. 

Thank you!

Labels