Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating a daily cash sheet

tiverson
8 - Asteroid
Hello, I have a project that I need some input on what may be the best path to start.
I am creating a Daily Cash Report from multiple bank accounts.
The daily transactions (from the bank statements) need to be added to a daily sheet that will populate the opening balance, total transactions by account and closing balance. (I also would like to account for weekends and holidays also by just listing the beginning & ending balance for every day of the month that has no bank activity)
I attached a file that has a sample statement, an account recap (by day) and a recap report that will sum all of the accounts into a daily recap amount.
I am trying to recreate the accounts and recap tabs using Alteryx. 
What would you recommend as a direction to start.
I was thinking about using a directory with all of the daily downloaded statements as my input or a single month to date file to use as my input.
I have posted many questions for parts of this project when I thought I had everything planned out, but I question if there is a better way.
Thanks

Sample Daily Account detail

tiverson_0-1648313563520.png

Sample of Daily Recap

tiverson_1-1648313596659.png

3 REPLIES 3
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @tiverson 

Here is how you can do it.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1648315124578.png

I have explained the steps in the annotations let me know if you have questions.

Hope this helps : )

tiverson
8 - Asteroid

@atcodedog05 , what if I need to pull the data from the Statement and create the account and recap tabs?

What is the best way to approach this?

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @tiverson 

Sorry, that requirement might be a bit complex and I am inactive for the rest of the day. I would highly suggest you to post it as a new question so others will look into it.

Happy to help : )

Labels