Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Creating Alteryx App Over SQL DB for users

yoyoincs
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am trying to create an Alteryx App, where Users can give Server and DB name as Input and the App can fetch/export them data related to their query or even update data as per changes suggested.

I am trying to figure out how to create a dynamic connection string in such case.

Thanks in Advance

2 REPLIES 2
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@yoyoincs 

For example, I made Apps so user can specify Table name to read data from. Using Text interface tool and update parameter of Input tool would realize your demand somewhat.

Just one suggestion. If you prepare your Apps this way, you will share data connection credential to all users regardless of their actual access level. Instead of creating this kind of Apps, it is advisable to use Data Connection Manager(DCM).

image.pngimage.png

yoyoincs
5 - Atom

Thanks for the hint below. I have already used text inputs to get Server Name and DB name from users. I will look into the DCM thing.

However, i am stuck at creating connection string. Approx 40 users and 50 servers and each server has 30 DB's within so a total of 60k possibilities and all users are to be logged on using MS authentication and not with their credentials.

Any advise on this?

Labels