Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Create new folder and add output file

GvdHeiden
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am trying to create a new folder in a dynamically pathed directory and write output to this new folder. However, Alteryx doesn't recognize that the folder is created in the workflow. Giving an error that it cannot access the newly created folder.

GvdHeiden_2-1655307328870.png

The alteryx flow does create the folder, and after running the workflow again Alteryx adds the output file as it is able to find the new folder.

So far I have tried to put a 'sleep timer' on the workflow, which didn't help.

Do you know a way to resolve this issue and add the file to the newly created folder?

I added an example flow in the disclosure.

10 REPLIES 10
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@GvdHeiden Your workflow working fine for me. can you check your path again from the log?

binuacs_0-1655308465137.png

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@binuacs Doesn't work for me the first time because it does try to output the filename first (at least for me and @GvdHeiden )

@GvdHeiden Try the attached soultion. I update output filepath dynamically.

PhilipMannering_0-1655310256384.png

bgenc
5 - Atom

This worked perfectly Philip! Making the output path dynamic in the output tool fixed it.

Many thanks everyone!

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Good stuff. Make sure you approve my comment as a solution, so that other people know it worked ...but more importantly give me the kudos! :)

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi Philip,

Trying to learn the workflow and when i try to run the workflow i get an error from the execute.bat and the Output.yxdb could you please suggest if i have to do any additional configuration on my local to test the functionality of this workflow.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@suby You shouldn't need to change anything. Maybe make sure it's saved somewhere you have permission to write to.

Did you change any of the workflow?

What is the error message you're getting? If you share the errors and some screenshots it's easier for me to troubleshoot.

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi Philip,

Thanks please find the attached the screenshot of the error.

PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hmmm... sorry @suby I'm not sure. One thing you could try is running the same commands in an actual command prompt to see if it works outside of Alteryx.

suby
11 - Bolide

Hi Philip,

Do you mean which command ? i can't see the bat file command..

Labels