Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Create folders on Gdrive

Wesley
5 - Atom

Hey All,

I'm breaking my head over this one... so as the title says, I'm looking for a workflow which can create a folder for me on Gdrive and output the created files in that specific folder. 

To get going I used the solution given in this topic, and it works on my local machine. However, when changing the file path to reflect that Gdrive location it only throws errors. Note that I have the Gdrive plugin installed on my PC.

I created the BAT file myself to be used by the workflow in this topic, and I have other BAT files which do some file maintenance for me on Gdrive. But for some reason the folder creation does not want to work.

Does anybody have any experience with this, and a solution he or she can share? I'm looking to publish the workflow on my Alteryx Server in the end 😆

Thanks a lot.

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

can you post some of the error message (redacted of course)? And you create the Gdrive using a .bat drive through command prompt outside of Alteryx? It's usually easiest to practice the syntax there and then port it into Alteryx instead of trying to locate the problem in your .bat file you are generating in Alteryx.

Any Alteryx/Google api approvals that you've received?

Wesley
5 - Atom

Hi @apathetichell Thanks for your feedback. See below the screen with error I get.

Wesley_0-1636358059715.png

As suggested I have used the BAT file also without Alteryx. And it kinda gives it away, as it creates a few folders on my desktop and not 1 folder on my Gdrive. Honestly, I'm not sure where to look as I'm the admin of the Gdrive location where I want to create the folder and have been using other BAT files to move/ remove files on the same partition.

Could you clarify, what Alteryx/ Google api approvals you are referring to? 

Thanks a lot 😄

Labels