Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Create New Column With Information from Different Fields

araquecastro
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone I'm stuck in the middle of a workflow where I need to transfer some fields into an Output Excel Template. Below I'm pasting the data I have so far, which I'm attaching as well. I highlighted with colors the fields I need to transfer to make it easier for explanation.

Image 1.png

Current Data

I need to move this colored fields into the template I'm pasting in the following image:

Final TemplateFinal Template

Below is an image of the data with comments about the data origin which is included in the Excel files attached:

Data Origin CommentsData Origin Comments

I'm also attaching the excel files with the Input data and the Output final Template. I really appreciate the help you can give with this.

Best for all.

2 REPLIES 2
RaphaelSilva
9 - Comet

If your data structure is always the same, you can extract the columns in want, split in individuals rows and stack them together respecting the header, order and blanks, then you can you append the two columns to the other database.

AnnaELawrence
Alteryx
Alteryx

I isolated the rows required in the order required, transposed the data, and unioned it back. I included comments in the workflow. Hope that helps!

Labels