Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Create Dynamic Join from the Basic Table reporting

adrinaasyiqin
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys,

im wondering if any of u guys had developed a workflow that consists requirements similar to mine

I'll give an example:

my output should be like below in excel format (render)

CountryAPPLEGRAPE
Granny SmithGalaRed DeliciousRed GlobeSeedlesGreen 
United States101223   
Brazil653422   
Japan785623   
Australia3278234   
South Africa139897   
Russia762387   
India905667   
Canada438778   
Mexico5698934   
France782365   

from what I produced there should be 3 basic table before joining tool (country, apple, grape),

what if I wanted to drop the grape column if there are no data available from the stream input for the grape column. For context this is dynamically different each month, (some month will have both fruits, some will not have one fruit, and can possible have no fruits at all, and it can also have more fruits added)

I'm currently stuck where the workflow produce error at join tool because the basic table for grape has no data. 

If u guys have any questions or confusion feel free to reply and thank you for your time

5 REPLIES 5
adrinaasyiqin
6 - Meteoroid

The table above does not really show what I was imagining, I have attached a sample output below

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@adrinaasyiqin what is the join key you are using to join these three tables?

adrinaasyiqin
6 - Meteoroid

i use join multiple tool with join by record position configuration

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

I'm not 100% sure what you are doing with your join multiple here. If you have 3 report snippets coming out of render with a grouping identifier. you can use a union tool vs your join multiple (I don't use the join multiple - ever) and you wouldn't have this issue. There's also (there's always) a batch macro way.

Do you have a sample input?

nagakavyasri
12 - Quasar

@adrinaasyiqin I assume Country column would be common in the 3 tables. Use Join tool with Country column to match but not by Record position since the position may not give you accurate result always.

Labels