Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Could not generate a unique name for field <00:00:00>, number 1936

pythorlh
6 - Meteoroid

Can anyone help me figure out what this error means?

I've found some references on the community to a bug that was fixed, but I'm getting it with the current version, 2021.1.3.22649 .  I actually have a larger workflow that produces the data, and there are more than one of these sets of steps, but they all error out the same as the snippet included here.

I really need Skip Field Namess and Preserve Formatting on the output, but I've tried various combinations with/without those enabled, based on those other posts, and none of them seem to work.  Also, since I want to scheduled this and my gallery is currently only on 2019.2, if it could work in that version I'd be thrilled, but really just getting it to work at all would be nice.

Oh, and I'm just doing it wrong, I'm fine with that, too.   I need to output data into a specific range in a pre-formatted Excel workbook.  It's actually an xlsm, but changed to xlsx for upload here.  This flow was my attempt to replicate other posts that say they've got it working.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @pythorlh 

This is an interesting one.  It looks like it should work, and it does if you output to a new file or overwrite a range in any other file.  It's seems to be something about the specific output file that you're trying to append to.  I'm not sure about this, but the error may be coming from the code that parses the existing output file to determine its structure.

I'd open a support case about this one

Dan  

Labels