Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy values of column to null values

bersocha
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I need to copy the above values in the same order to the null values I have in the column.

FamilyProvince
SolanoSan Jose
PerezHeredia
BonillaCartago
Trejos Puntarenas

Barboza

Lopez

Gomez

Torres

FamilyProvince
SolanoSan Jose
PerezHeredia
BonillaCartago
Trejos Puntarenas

Barboza

San Jose

Lopez

Heredia

Gomez

Cartago

Torres

Puntarenas

I really appreciate your help on this.

5 REPLIES 5
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @bersocha!

I think we might need more details to help with the best solution. Can you provide more information about the structure of your incoming data?

I have a hunch that the Multi Row Formula tool might do the trick. Or we might need to use something like a Tile tool to add a RecordID and Sequence with a Join tool to repeat the missing values.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@bersocha one way of doing this.

binuacs_0-1654057259242.png

bersocha
7 - Meteor

Yes, Let’s say that I have 7 columns, 6 with a thousand rows and the other column with only 500 rows. So the other 500 rows are null, my idea is to copy again the 500 rows in the other 500 null rows that I have. Such as the table I uploaded where I’m repeating from San Jose to Puntarenas in the null cells. 

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@bersocha 
If I understand you correctly.
First I assgined a Record ID so later on we can have the correct the sequence as orginal.

Then we seperate the null and non-null value asssign sequence ID for each stream then join them sequencely.

0601-bersocha.PNG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @bersocha, try this if it works for you.

grazitti_sapna_0-1654059759744.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Labels