Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy/paste certain data from one workbook to another workbook

Wynn
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I'm new to Alteryx and having a question regarding the copying/pasting task of certain data from one workbook to another workbook. I've looked through several discussions in the Alteryx community but did not seem to find the exact problem. So I have 2 workbooks : 1/ Source 1, 2/Source 2. Both workbooks essentially have the same information from column A through F. What I'm trying to do is to replace the data from G2:T7 in Source 1 with the data from Source 2. This technically gets rids of all the outdated data from Source 1 by pasting the data from Source 2. I have a client with multiple entities so I have like 20 workbooks similar to Source 1 and want to update them all with Source 2. Please see attached and let me know if the question is not clear enough. Thank you so much!

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Wynn ,

For that, you can use the selection box of a join to change the origin of your data and also comparing the columns from A to F. I'm attaching one example to show you how.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Wynn,

You can use the join tool to replace the data easily. This tool has also an embedded select to to move and rename the columns as you wish. Is this what you are looking for?

Sin título.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

Wynn
8 - Asteroid

Thank you all for your help! This is exactly what I'm looking for. Appreciate that!

Labels