Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Copy from 1 column to another based on record ID

Pbhave
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I have a table with following columns. I want to copy category number and category name to columns metric ID and Metric Name by matching Sr No. and Record ID. Could you please helpwith formula/tools? 

Thanks in advance. 

Sr No.          Metric ID    Metric Name      Record ID          Category Number         Category Name

1                   xxxx               xxxx                  NA                            NA                              NA

2                   xxxx               xxxx                  NA                            NA                              NA

3                   xxxx               xxxx                  NA                            NA                              NA

1                             xxxx                           xxxx

2                             xxxx                           xxxx

3                             xxxx                           xxxx

2 REPLIES 2
DanielG
12 - Quasar

@Pbhave - Here is a quick sample of what you can do.  That is a weird table.  Not sure why two distinct datasets are in the same table, but here is what I did to get it out.  Please note I left the information all coming out of the join but you can alter names/deselect as needed.

DanielG
12 - Quasar

Since I used text tool as input, I also had to use the select to get the field types set properly.  You might not need that when building this out on your real dataset.  Good luck.

Labels