Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy Values across 12 month period

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

With the attached workflow. I am trying to copy the total contractor cost to each month for every site. Example:

The total contractor cost would duplicate in each month for 12 months based on the Migration Date + 1 date through the Migration date + 11. This would allow me to calculate total savings for each month in a given year. 

I have attached the workflow and a sample output file.

Ideas on how to tabulate?

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @traceystone 

You need to export your workflow as a yxzp so the input file stays with it (Options > Export Workflow). It sounds like you want to use the the generate rows tool to get a record for each month. Today's weekly challenge is actually pretty topical for this (although it creates days instead of months). Take a look at some of the solutions posted there for a sense on how it works:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-310-Maintenance-Schedule/td-p/913603

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@traceystone as @Luke_C mentioned please provide the input file

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

Sorry about that. Here is the workflow as .yxzp. I will take a look at the solution you posted

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

Input file attached

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

I can't open the sample workflow. It is in a new version than I have and can't upgrade.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @traceystone 

Here's an example of how to use the generate rows tool for your workflow.

1. Generate rows based on the two dates you calculated (1 per month)
  2. Create a 'header' field that is year-month (to keep the columns in order in the cross tab)
  3. Cross tab the data
  4. Dynamic rename to get the desired format of Mon.-Year

If you ever can't open a workflow due to versioning, just open it in a text editor like notepad and change the version (screenshot below)

Luke_C_0-1647296423244.png

Luke_C_1-1647296498928.png

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!!

Labels