Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Copy Values across 12 month period

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

With the attached workflow. I am trying to copy the total contractor cost to each month for every site. Example:

The total contractor cost would duplicate in each month for 12 months based on the Migration Date + 1 date through the Migration date + 11. This would allow me to calculate total savings for each month in a given year. 

I have attached the workflow and a sample output file.

Ideas on how to tabulate?

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @traceystone 

You need to export your workflow as a yxzp so the input file stays with it (Options > Export Workflow). It sounds like you want to use the the generate rows tool to get a record for each month. Today's weekly challenge is actually pretty topical for this (although it creates days instead of months). Take a look at some of the solutions posted there for a sense on how it works:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-310-Maintenance-Schedule/td-p/913603

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@traceystone as @Luke_C mentioned please provide the input file

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

Sorry about that. Here is the workflow as .yxzp. I will take a look at the solution you posted

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

Input file attached

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

I can't open the sample workflow. It is in a new version than I have and can't upgrade.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @traceystone 

Here's an example of how to use the generate rows tool for your workflow.

1. Generate rows based on the two dates you calculated (1 per month)
  2. Create a 'header' field that is year-month (to keep the columns in order in the cross tab)
  3. Cross tab the data
  4. Dynamic rename to get the desired format of Mon.-Year

If you ever can't open a workflow due to versioning, just open it in a text editor like notepad and change the version (screenshot below)

Luke_C_0-1647296423244.png

Luke_C_1-1647296498928.png

traceystone
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!!

Labels