Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert date from yyyy.mm.dd to dd/mm/yyyy

Tmanuela
8 - Asteroid

Hi community,

I am unable to transform a data set date format from yyyy.mm.dd to dd/mm/yyyy eg: 2020.01.01 to 01/01/2020. 

I tried to use select tool and change data type to date - is going to become null that column, I tried regex formula as in pictures but the outcome is null as well... perhaps I am missing something.. or I have to use a different tool?

I attached the original excel file as well. 

Many thanks,

M.Capture3.JPGCapture4.JPGCapture5.JPG

7 REPLIES 7
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Tmanuela I mocked up a workflow let me know what you think? Alteryx only recognises YYYY-MM-DD as a date data type hence why when you select that data type in the select tool the values then become null. You can transform the date into DD/MM/YYYY format however it would need to be a string field in Alteryx.

Dates_03112020.JPGDates1_03112020.JPG

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Tmanuela 

Sorry for the late reply previously your post appeared and disappeared all of a sudden from the discussion board.

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1604414130468.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1604414147079.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hello,

I used datetime converte to convert date :

messi007_0-1604414414187.png

2- Date time format to formate the date

messi007_1-1604414462330.png

Attache the workflow.

Hope that help

Regards,

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @Tmanuela 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Tmanuela
8 - Asteroid

hi @atcodedog05 thanks for your help, are you ready to help get to the next challenge with multirow formula? i'll post a thread now. 

Regards,

M

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Tmanuela 

Feel free to post if not me some will definitely help you out🙂

Community is filled with amazing users😀

restya_raju
7 - Meteor

But it stores the formatted date cell in string data type, when I use this method and try to change format to date it shows null.

I wanted to know if we can change format to dd/mm/yyyy with date data type

Labels