Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Row to Column

html82
7 - Meteor

Hello Alteryx Expert,

How to convert data from below format

NameString
websitegoogle.com
nameLarry
websiteapple.com
nameTim
websitemicrosoft.com
nameBill

To

websitename
google.comLarry
apple.comTim
microsoft.comBill
14 REPLIES 14
razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi I am following this string and i actually using your workflow to aid mine as a solution. What i am trying to do using the file below 

ColA    ColB
AB WT 0
AB WT 0
AB WT 3072
AB WT 704
AB WT 626
AB WT 634
AB WT 1924
AB WT 2472
ndufs2 Control 0
ndufs2 Control 0
ndufs2 Control 0
ndufs2 Control 0
ndufs2 Control 0
ndufs2 Control 0
ndufs2 Control 0

So column A is the text field with values at column B . 

I want to create a matrix that is to convert column A as a row matrix and and it takes its values at coulmn B as another row matrix below it. Then ABWt ABWt AbWt  Abwt Abwt  Abwt Abwt Abwt

0       0        3072    704   626   634    1924 2472

ndufs2 control ndufs2 control ndufs2 control  ndufs2 control

0                 0                        0                     0         etc

I am actually using your workflow to depict mine , but the multi row formula tool is given me several parse errors can you kindly help with this

sagar91
6 - Meteoroid

Hi , process seem to be working for non complex string , i am fetching an API , how can i transfer the Jason name data into column , file attached 

razzy
8 - Asteroid

what are you trying to achive its not quite clear what you want to convert. You can post your desired that way it is more explicit

sagar91
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Razzy , please find the new attachment here, sample file , that shows what input i have and desired output , i guess this would be helpful for you. 

Thank you 

Joma
7 - Meteor

Hi all,
I have an additional question to what is posted here.
Regarding the following scenario, where two or more websites can belong to "Larry". I just changed the original table slightly and added one row which belongs to Larry as well. So my idea is that all rows above the name belong to the name. It can be either one, two or as many you like. Any idea how I could archieve this? I am kinda struggeling to automize it as I don´t know for the table, how many website would belong to one name, it is changing consistently.

If I use the provided solution I would receive Tim as owner of google and so on, which would be wrong. 

I guess I need to change it in the multi row function but did not find a solution yet.

Hopefully somebody could help me out here.

Best Joma

NameString
websiteyoutube.com
websitegoogle.com
nameLarry
websiteapple.com
nameTim
websitemicrosoft.com
nameBill

The result should be:

WebsiteName
youtube.comLarry