Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Convert CSV File to Text File

MLRM
6 - Meteoroid

Hi I have a problem. I can create the file I need in the proper format. Please see below images. The issues I'm running into now is how to keep the commas in the body of the file but loose them in the header and footer area. Do I just need to write the file a different way?  Any suggestions? 

MLRM_0-1628802457068.png

MLRM_2-1628802676541.png

I write the data like this to a CSV file and that works great. But then when someone else opens the file in say notepad or notepad++ they see this: 

MLRM_1-1628802523252.png

How do I remove the commas from the header but keep all the other commas in the body of the file. 

Thanks so much for your help Community. 

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

Hi @MLRM 

You'll need to concatenate your data so that the output tool only has 1 column of data to output, otherwise it'll assume each field is a column that needs to be delimited.

Attached is an example that should help get you going. Be sure to note one change I had to make in the output tool on option 3 - Delimiter. you'll need to set it to \0 which is Alteryx flag for no delimiter. Without setting that, each row will get inclosed in quotes.

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

SPetrie
12 - Quasar

There are probably a few ways to go about this. The first one that comes to my mind is combining the columns into one output column using transpose and crosstab and outputting that single combined column. Saving it as an undelimited csv should get you the output you want..

start.PNG

combined.PNG

Labels