Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Convert Analytical App back to a Standard Workflow

lecorrea09
7 - Meteor

Hi,

My problem is that I modified an analytical app and got rid of the interface tools, and I want to save it as a standard workflow but the option is no longer available. I did manage to save it as a .yxmd but just wondering why I can't switch it back to a standard workflow. And will it matter? Or does it have no effect on how it runs? I plan on uploading it to Alteryx Server and schedule it so that it runs recurrently.

Thanks.

lecorrea09_0-1673394391851.png

6 REPLIES 6
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @lecorrea09 

One possible thing that you can do is copying all components from your current workflow to a new canvas and save it. 

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @lecorrea09 

You can change the extension of the workflow to .yxmd.

Another option is to copy the content of the workflow into a new workflow and save the workflow as a .yxmd.

jeremytraff
5 - Atom

I have a similar problem and when I copy to a new workflow it still reverts back to an analytical app. No idea how it ended up as an analytical app to begin with. 

lecorrea09
7 - Meteor

What I did is I opened the workflow xml and eliminated all nodes and everything related to Apps/Macros like Questions, Tabs etc. It's a bit tricky and easy to mess up but it works if done right.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

eliminate the interface tools. change it to a standard workflow in the workflow configuration pane.

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Go to View-> Interface Designer. There you can Debug the workflow and you can see all the component without interface tool.

You can copy that in new yxmd files and save it.

This is the best way to get out of Interface tool

Labels