Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Control/Choose multiple input files in Analytic App

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I have multiple excel files as input but not all might be used in Alteryx, how to develop that in analytic app which can control input files based on the user's requirement.

For example, Excel file 1, Excel file 2,Excel file 3, Excel file 4, Excel file 5 are the inputs, but there can be scenarios where Excel file 1, Excel file 2,Excel file 3 will be used and not the remaining two or might be just one.

I have the analytic app ready but not sure how to let the user control how many input files they can choose to perform the task. All excel inputs will have the same tasks performed that is same tools are used for getting the output into one single report. 

2 REPLIES 2
aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@db89 is there a max number of excel files? If you could create the app with that set as the max, and asking the user to input that many files. With conatiners to be turned off and on based on number of files used. could that work?

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hey @aatalai 

Thank you for your response!

There is no limitation of inputs, it is highly subjective based on data provided, so it can range from just 1 or 5 or sometimes 3. 

I was trying to control the inputs with Checkbox interface tool but that does not work properly for some strange reason. 

Labels