Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Consolidating separate outputs

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

Hi Community,

I have attached a snip of my workflow. I am trying to get the separate output pairs (detailed and summary) into one workbook in excel. I have tried the report tools but i am not sure how to use these and get errors . 

ManuelRodrigues_0-1623921174437.png

Effectively i'll have four files with two sheets in each. your help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ManuelRodrigues ,

Can you post some mock data and your workflow so we can help?

M.

Bulien

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey  attached.

Thanks!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ManuelRodrigues ,

I assume the error you were getting is that the sheet was in use by another process?

This would have been due to the fact that you were trying to write to the same sheet multiple time simultaneously.

I've used the Block Until Done tool and made it sequential, which should allow you to run this.

mceleavey_0-1623922342896.png

NOTE: I've only built this for the first so you can simply repeat for the others.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

@mceleavey how can i get those two output files you have above in one excel workbook? is it by using the table and render tools?

Thanks!

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@ManuelRodrigues ,

you have different report names, so they are always going to write out differently. Change the name, for example:

.\Achim Dunnwald Report.xls|||Detailed

This then writes out to the same report but to different tabs.

I would also recommend not using a 1997 version of Excel. If you really MUST use Excel, use the .xlsx version.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @mceleavey 

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

no problem.gif

Bulien

Labels