Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connection PowerApps - Alteryx

Gego
5 - Atom

Hi,

I have an excel file that is the output of an Alteryx flow. This excel must be read for a PowerApps application but every single time I run the Alteryx flow the below error raises: 

You don't have permission to view this data. Server Response: Table1 failed: The request is forbidden by Graph API. Error code is 'AccessDenied'. Error message is 'Could not obtain a WAC access token.

The Alteryx flow is very simple, It just takes an excel file and convert it into a table format by a python code. 

Gego_0-1682497444601.png

After that, the power apps must connect to this excel file but, regrettably, that error appears. 

¿some ideas for solution, please?

thanks.  

1 REPLY 1
SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Gego ,

I don't know the answer to why this is not working, I've not seen this before, but I'd start to work this through in the following order:

- Can you open this excel file from excel on your desktop (the same desktop that uses Alteryx) - if not then this feels like it may be a permission error with your office 365 infra; or your network infr.

- If you can open up the excel file on your desktop - then can you move it to a folder that you know for a fact is safe and accessible to your Alteryx (e.g. c:\temp).    That way you can eliminate network stuff

- if you have full access to the file and it's still struggling - then I'd check if this file has any embedded code or data sources.     Easy way to check this is to copy just the data out into a new spreadsheet and try this Alteryx flow on this stripped down flow.

- You can check if this is something wrong with your excel drivers by changing this to a CSV file and trying again

Hope you find the solution - when you do, would you post it here so that this can become part of the body of knowledge?

Good luck @Gego 

Sean

Labels