Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connecting to Azure SQL using Connecting In-DB and ODBC drivers failing

tatemunja
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to establish connectivity between alteryx and my azure sql database, I tried with windows authentication and i get "Communication link failure" and when i try with AD authentication I get "SQLState:FA004" error. I have attached screenshots for both the errors i get. Has someone experienced something like this before or can offer any workaround that allows me to have connectivity between alteryx and sql database. I have been stuck on this and cant find any workaround yet.

3 REPLIES 3
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @tatemunja 

Thanks for posting to the Community!

Are you still encountering issues with the error messages you shared? 

If so, can you please add the full text of the error messages in a reply? This will help the Community to better understand the full scope of the error and better troubleshoot this with you.

If you have been able to resolve the issue, can you please reply with your solution so that other users can benefit in the future?

Thanks!

TrevorS

Community Moderator
tatemunja
6 - Meteoroid

I am still having issues connecting, the full error messages i get are: "Connection failed:SQLState FA004 SQL Server Error: 0 [Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server][SQL Server failed to authenticate the user xxxx@xxx.co.uk in the Active directory (Authentication option is Active directory interactive) Error code 0x4c7; state 10. The operation was cancelled by the user

TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @tatemunja 

When I did a quick search of the error message online I found a few resources for you to check out:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59612080/bcp-login-failed-using-activedirectorypassword-authenti...

This article says the issue could be related to the driver. Can you try to uninstall and reinstall the driver and see if that fixes the issue?

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
Labels