Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Connect IN-DB Tool with IBM DB2

SunnyQian
6 - Meteoroid

First time user with the In-Database tools. I want to connect to IBM DB2, which is supported data source based on the Alteryx Documentation below.  However, in the configuration, under manage Connections, there is no IBM DB2 option as Data Source. Anyone idea how can I establish the connection?  I need to work on huge amount of data on DB2, so would like to see if In-Database tools can help with th

https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/data-sources

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @SunnyQian ,

You can connect to IBM DB2 using the standard input and output tools but it does not, as far as I'm aware, support in-DB connectivity, So, unfortunately, you'll need to use the standard tools.

M.

Bulien

SunnyQian
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your response!

I am actually able to connect to IBM DB2 when selecting the Generic ODBC option using In-DB tool.  From the Alteryx documentation on Manage IN-DB Connections, it says "From the Connect In-DB tool, you can select the Generic ODBC option to attempt a connection to an unsupported data source. This option does not guarantee a successful connection to unsupported data sources; however, data sources that are similar to Microsoft SQL Server have the best chance of success."  My question now is that once the connection is established, is there any other concern that I should be aware of working through IN-DB connections?  In other words, shall I trust the data access is a complete one?

Thank you for any advice!

Labels