Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Configuration for enabling and disabling containers from interface condition

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Having the most difficult time understanding what the configuration for a set of interface tools that will, if the condition is selected enable a container to filter the data stream and if it is not selected will enable a container that allows for the full data to flow through.

Formulas used for the condition have been:

- [#1]

- ToNumber([#1]) = 1

- IF [#1] THEN 'False' ELSE 'True' ENDIF

With both switching the action tools between Enabled and Disabled and swapping out the connection between both containers.

I am at a loss. 

SJohnson257_0-1648126070761.png

21 REPLIES 21
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora
jordanmount6
8 - Asteroid

Have you tried a condition tool between the action tool and the radio button or whatever interface tool that you are using? 

jordanmount6
8 - Asteroid

Example:jordanmount6_0-1648050742492.png

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @ChrisTX, I'll take a look at this

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jordanmount6

I have considered using radio buttons, but aren't they mutually exclusive? The user needs to be able to select one, both or neither.

jordanmount6
8 - Asteroid

My use case is where the user can only select one option but i'm assuming that a check box would accomplish one or more than on

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jordanmount6

I'm looking at that option to use a select box for the user to make multiple choices from the solution workflow on the page @ChrisTX provided.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Functionality-to-display-the-container...

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ChrisTX,

Still at a loss. I considered all the links on the page you sent me to. One that utilized a list box to choose which container to 'enable' seemed most promising. But, the list box does not allow the user to choose or enter a variable to pass to the filter. Also, the remaining links were working with radio buttons, which I understand to be mutually exclusive. The user would not be able to choose one or more of the options simultaneously.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

If you want a List Box and a variable to pass to the filter, it sounds like you may need multiple user interface tools.  

Labels