Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Configuration for enabling and disabling containers from interface condition

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Having the most difficult time understanding what the configuration for a set of interface tools that will, if the condition is selected enable a container to filter the data stream and if it is not selected will enable a container that allows for the full data to flow through.

Formulas used for the condition have been:

- [#1]

- ToNumber([#1]) = 1

- IF [#1] THEN 'False' ELSE 'True' ENDIF

With both switching the action tools between Enabled and Disabled and swapping out the connection between both containers.

I am at a loss. 

SJohnson257_0-1648126070761.png

21 REPLIES 21
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora
jordanmount6
8 - Asteroid

Have you tried a condition tool between the action tool and the radio button or whatever interface tool that you are using? 

jordanmount6
8 - Asteroid

Example:jordanmount6_0-1648050742492.png

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @ChrisTX, I'll take a look at this

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jordanmount6

I have considered using radio buttons, but aren't they mutually exclusive? The user needs to be able to select one, both or neither.

jordanmount6
8 - Asteroid

My use case is where the user can only select one option but i'm assuming that a check box would accomplish one or more than on

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hi @jordanmount6

I'm looking at that option to use a select box for the user to make multiple choices from the solution workflow on the page @ChrisTX provided.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Functionality-to-display-the-container...

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hi @ChrisTX,

Still at a loss. I considered all the links on the page you sent me to. One that utilized a list box to choose which container to 'enable' seemed most promising. But, the list box does not allow the user to choose or enter a variable to pass to the filter. Also, the remaining links were working with radio buttons, which I understand to be mutually exclusive. The user would not be able to choose one or more of the options simultaneously.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

If you want a List Box and a variable to pass to the filter, it sounds like you may need multiple user interface tools.  

Labels