Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional formatting for specific cells in a table

MCDR929
8 - Asteroid

Hello all - 

For an automated email output, I am attempting to create rules that would color a cell either red, yellow, or green based on values of the cell, within given parameters.  

My input table contains 4 SKU numbers for each warehouse, and the amount on hand.  So, let's say that for NJ1, SKU 16 needs to be green if the OnHand value is >=7, yellow if 4-6, and red if <=3.  Each warehouse has specific parameters for what values fall within each color.

I have become somewhat familiar with table config (can color full rows or columns), but I'm struggling with how and where to enter my if/elseif's for this more complex task.  I am new to writing the formulas, and so far, I just keep getting errors.  Can someone please assist with how this formula should look in the row/column rules? Can this even be done? 

Thanks in advance!

WHSESKUOnHand
NJ11614
NJ12022
NJ1258
NJ1334
CA1162
CA12012
CA1258
CA1337
OH11614
OH12010
OH1259
OH1335
11 REPLIES 11
Godel314
5 - Atom

What if Excel doesn't support the coloured gradient created in the Alteryx table? When I render to Excel, Excel randomly changes the colour of cells in which the colour is not supported. Any way to get around this?

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Godel314 wrote:

What if Excel doesn't support the coloured gradient created in the Alteryx table? When I render to Excel, Excel randomly changes the colour of cells in which the colour is not supported. Any way to get around this?

Could you find the RGB value from Excel and enter that into the Alteryx table?

Labels