Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
GELÖST

Conditional Statement

Hi2023
Asteroid

so I have a column named Filename and it has the email file path along imbedded with the system for that record but i need to create I think, a conditional statement to add a new column for each system. Correct? So its a V_WString with a email path embedded w system name like this: filename_FGG_system -I need to identify the FGG out of it to be able to create what I need? There is 4 different systems total.

thanks

20 ANTWORTEN 20

@Hi2023 

I didn't get that. Is it a sentence and you wanna get the Alert ID alone from that? If possible drop a screenshot of the input. 🙂

If I'm not wrong, How about this?

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1668319903439.png

Thanks,

krishna 

Hi2023
Asteroid

It didnt work. 

The current Column name is Comment 

and the input looks like this: (it wont let me screenshot)

EMM: total transactions - 1 and total amount - 8766.78; Inclearing: Total Transactions - 0 and Total Amount -0; EMM:Total Transactions -0 and Total Amount -0; FIRES: Total transactions -0 and Total Amount -0: Check Seroil #'s or Alert ID's; 123456789; Ref Date(s) 2023-08-01 20:58:24;

I want the # to come out ONLY  

Expected Outcome: New column name : AlertID

@Hi2023 lemme just clarify it once more. Donno whether I'm understanding it in the right way.

Is this the way your input looks like? And Is this what you want as output?

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1668399911831.png

Hi2023
Asteroid

Yes

the previous code which I've sent you should work. 😀 Anyway, pls try this and let me know. 

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1668400554766.png

Hi2023
Asteroid

I dont know why it isnt working?😟

ShankerV
Castor

Hi @Hi2023 

Can you please post the screenshot, so let me check what went wrong so that we can overcome the issue.

Many thanks

Shanker V

Hi2023
Asteroid

The screenshot of?

Also, that cell is marked in red stating it has truncated characters, would that effect it?

@Hi2023 Is that the issue you're facing right now?

Hi2023
Asteroid

Yes, it doesnt parse and that output column is null and the comment column states truncated characters

Beschriftungen