Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Function with Dependency

tbezold
7 - Meteor

I am trying to create a condition that would be dependent on each AccountID value.  Where if the user has the ADMIN permission directly on the ORG name, then any additional rows for that user would be removed in the output (since having ADMIN at the ORG level already encompasses all other permissions).

For example:

In the input sample below, the desired output would exclude Rows 2, 4, 5, and 6.

sample.png

5 REPLIES 5
lmorrell
11 - Bolide

Hi @tbezold 

Workflow is attached.

Conditional Function with Dependency.png

By flagging AccountIDs that are admin ([Host] = 'ORG:UWD' AND [Permission] = 'ADMIN') with a value of 1, we can use the Summarize tool to Group By Account ID and adjust the flag to remove all the rows that are not specifying the Admin permission via a Join back to the original dataset. This felt a bit abstract to type out so it might not make sense, but please check the workflow and let me know if you have any questions 🙂 

Hope this helps!

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @tbezold 

I would use a multi-row formula to flag the rows to be removed and then remove them with a filter tool, like this:

DavidP_0-1602026361618.png

tbezold
7 - Meteor

I probably should have specified that there are multiple ORG names in the main input file.  When running the multi-row formula that you provided against the main input file (which contains multiple ORG names), the output only shows users as having ADMIN on one ORG when that actually have ADMIN on multiple ORGS.

To show this, I added two rows additional rows with a 2nd ORG for BUE to show this below (and attached workflow).  Any thoughts?

sample2.png

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @tbezold 

I've updated the if statement in the multi-row - try this version out.

DavidP_0-1602056208019.png

tbezold
7 - Meteor

Thank you so much!

Labels