Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Conditional Filtering

romachainani
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Everyone, 

So I have this snippet of the dataset that I need to filter out. Basically, columns Blue through Purple are going to always have values of 'Yes, No, and Not Sure'. The ID column is a group id column that  may or may not change everyday. The values in the 'Color' column will most likely change daily, and this is where I get confused as I need to filter out rows based on those values. For example if the value in the Color column is set to 'Red', and the value in the Value column is set to 1 today, I will need to filter out any row in the 'Red' column that does not equal 'Yes'. 

1 - yes

2 - no or not sure

IDBlueRedBlackPinkYellowOrangeGreenPurpleColorRuleValueWhat needs to be done 
1NoYesYesNot SureNo NoYesYesRedis not a part of 1Filter out rows where column 'Red' is not equal to 'Yes'
1YesYesNot SureYesNo YesYesNot SureGreenis not a part of 1Filter out rows where column 'Green' is not equal to 'Yes'
1Not SureNot SureNot SureYesNo YesNot SureNot SureRedis not a part of 1Filter out rows where column 'Red' is not equal to 'Yes'
1Not SureNoYesYesNo YesNot SureNot SureGreenis not a part of 1Filter out rows where column 'Green' is not equal to 'Yes'
2YesNoYesNot SureNot SureNoNot SureNoRedis not a part of 2Filter out rows where column 'Red' is not equal to 'No or Not Sure'
2YesNot SureNoNot SureNot SureNot SureNoYesGreenis not a part of 2Filter out rows where column 'Green' is not equal to 'No or Not Sure'
1Not SureNot SureYesNot SureYesNot SureNoYesPurpleis not a part of 1Filter out rows where column 'Purple' is not equal to 'Yes'
2NoYesNoNot SureNot SureNoNot SureNoRedis not a part of 1Filter out rows where column 'Red' is not equal to 'Yes'
1NoYesNot SureNoNot SureNoNoNoGreenis not a part of 1Filter out rows where column 'Green' is not equal to 'Yes'

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@romachainani: This should be able to help you out. This use case screams "Transpose"! :)

I have created an analytic app for you that will bring in the known colors in the Color field (Red, Purple, Green) as the selectable parameters (Yes, No, Unsure). User should be able to make their selections, and it'll output the filtered results for you in the same directory where you saved this workflow.

Let me know if you are looking for something else, and I'll be happy to help you out!Solution.png

romachainani
6 - Meteoroid

@rzdodson is there a way to do this without an analytic app - we do not want users inputting anything. 

Best, 

rzdodson
12 - Quasar

@romachainani maybe something like this (see attached)?

You'll just have files or even Text Inputs that control the Color and Conditions you are looking for.

Labels