Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concatenating Currency Symbol with Double Type Values

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Team,

I need to concatenate the currency symbol with calculated values, which is a double data type. I used the conversion in the formula itself. However, it's not working and returned 0. Please help me to fix this issue.

allwynbazil_1-1673254015067.png

allwynbazil_2-1673254052977.png

Regards,

Alwin

8 REPLIES 8
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Please convert the datatype from double to string.

This will help to resolve the issue.

Many thanks

Shanker V

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@allwynbazil , You cannot have any special character in numeric data type. You need to convert it to String to prefix $ sign in front of your number.

Example:

"$"+toString([Field1])

Sapna Gupta
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @allwynbazil 

Please find the sample use case for your reference.

ShankerV_0-1673255142290.png

Input data:

ShankerV_1-1673255156023.png

Formula tool:

[Field2]+" "+tostring([Double])

ShankerV_2-1673255173478.png

If this helps, please like this post and mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Many thanks

Shanker V

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Thanks, Shanker, for looking into the issue. Just converting to string will not help here, as I am going, to sum up, these values later. Instead of using multiple select tools am trying to achieve it in the formula itself.  Please share your ideas.

allwynbazil_0-1673260601073.png

Regards,

Alwin

allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Thanks,  grazitti_sapna, for looking into the issue. The currency symbol is based on the quote value and region. It is not just a  "$." 

Just converting to string will not help here, as I am going, to sum up, these values later. Instead of using multiple select tools am trying to achieve it in the formula itself.  Please share your ideas.

allwynbazil_0-1673260601073.png

Regards,

Alwin

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @allwynbazil 

You will not be able to concatenate symbols with numbers and keep the field as double. The best way to proceed is to finish your calculations and just after that concatenate it and transform the field to text.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@allwynbazil , Not sure if there is any way that you can have numeric data with special character. Instead you can sum up the data first and then prefix sign by changing it to string. But data with sign will be of string type and cannot be numeric, if yes then would be happy to see how this can be done.

Sapna Gupta
allwynbazil
8 - Asteroid

Yes, Felipe. I am currently doing the same.

Regards,

Alwin

Labels