Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Concatenate 3 Columns into ONE NEW COLUMN

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

Hello, 

I have searched through the discussion boards and I am not finding help on one issue I have.  I have to create a NEW Column named "NewCOLUMN", in that column I would like to use 3 columns information, separated by a comma.  Attached is a copy of the data.  

Column 1Column 2Column 3
Joe8/2/2010Smith
Steve8/25/2008Perry
Sue1/4/2010Parsons
Peter1/25/2021Piper
Ralph10/22/2000Machio

I would like NewCOLUMN to show Row 1 as: 

Joe,02/08/2010,Smith

I can do this in Excel with a concatenate formula as CONCAT(A2,",",TEXT(B2,"dd/mm/yyyy"),",",C2)

But how do I do this in Alteryx???

16 REPLIES 16
Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@michelle_mathews The fields I am using are V_String.  Attached is a section of the actual data set.

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@Adam_B , thanks for attaching some data. I looked at it and it seems Alteryx doesn't like the square brackets in the column names. I used a Dynamic Rename tool to remove the ' [ ' and ' ] ' characters. Alternatively, you could have renamed the fields in the Select tool so that they didn't have the brackets. Hope this helps! 

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Adam_B One way of dong this with the dynamic rename tool

binuacs_0-1664831338377.png

Love this suggestion @binuacs !

Adam_B
8 - Asteroid

@michelle_mathews @binuacs Thank you so much!!! Very helpful, learned a lot today. 

elzwol
5 - Atom

How to move text/ column 2 to a new line? I mean replace "," with enter button ? so 1 field looks like this:

[Column1]

[Column2]

[Column3] 

Labels