Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Complete list of users showing their role profile and last logon details in Alteryx Server

EN6924
10 - Fireball

When I ran the 'The Alteryx Server Usage report', it has generated an excel file named - 'the session activity report' (Name of the user, Email and Session start time) 

What I will have to do if I wanted to fetch the Complete list of users showing their role profile and last logon details in Alteryx Server?

5 REPLIES 5
MatthewO
Alteryx
Alteryx

@EN6924 there are a few options for obtaining this information. The Alteryx Server Usage Report queries the data from the MongoDB database. You could take the same approach using the MongoDB Input Tool. Alternatively, you could leverage the Server REST API to pull user details. The attached example uses the V3 API Macro Pack but it requires that you are running 2021.4 or later.

image.png

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @EN6924 

You can leverage the Server APIs to obtain this information. How you go about it depends on what version you're running, the latest versions use V3 of the API and guidance on setting up etc can be found here - https://help.alteryx.com/20214/server/alteryx-server-api-v3

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I'm not familiar with APIs

Could you please guide me how do I do these using MongoDB Input Tool

EN6924_0-1668432280071.png

It's not showing any database and collection name to select.

EN6924
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I've found it -

EN6924_0-1668432650806.png

esoden
8 - Asteroid

Alteryx offers Workflow Admin Manager (WAM) as an add-on. It has prebuilt connections to MongoDB and most of the REST APIs. There are dozens of reports for usage, security, access, collections, subscriptions, data sources, runtimes, etc. It also helps with SDLC, governance, schedule maintenance, etc. 

Tons of information here, including videos of most areas: https://capitalizeconsulting.com/workflow-admin-manager/

Labels