Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Comparing Two Data Sets

atlas6890
5 - Atom

I am relatively new two Alteryx. I have built a workflow that takes data out of two different data bases to ultimately compare data. My workflow results in the following data with the exact same sets of accounts, columns, and names of the columns, as follows:

Account Name     Beginning Balance  Money Deposited  Money Withdrawn  Money Earned  Ending Balance 

How do I compare the two sets of data to tell me if there are any differences between the two sets?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @atlas6890,

Are your values identical? Capitalization, punctuation, etc? If so, then it's fairly easy.

A simpler but more manual solution is to use the Join tool and join on all the fields you expect to be the same. The different records will be output in the L and R anchors.

A more sophisticated and pre-built way is to use a CReW macro like "Expect Equal" or "Delta". After downloading the macros, you can connect the two datasets and click Run.

clmc9601_0-1630523460950.png

I hope this helps! If it does, please consider marking it a solution so others may find it. 

Labels