Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing Multi-Rows to Multi-Variables

WonOne
5 - Atom

Hi All,

First, let me start by stating that i'm very new to Alteryx, so apologies in advance if I ask any basic questions. I'm looking to gather insight on how to best tackle comparing data by a 'snapshot date' based on  Planning Group, Vendor No., PO No, and Planning Date. I need the data summarized, then compared by snapshot date to ensure it was included in the dataset for 3-days. Would like the end result to compile a list of items due on current day (say 7/11, today), kickback anything that wasn't in the data set for 3-days, or exceeds a variance of $1MM.

Example data attached. Any feedback, or guidance, would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
acarter881
12 - Quasar

Hello, @WonOne.

I believe the attached workflow is what you're looking for. The assumptions I made are in the Summarize tool; they relate mainly to choosing the last row in each grouping and assuming that variance means the maximum amount minus the minimum amount.

image.png

WonOne
5 - Atom

Thanks, @acarter881. I think this will work, but i'll need to work thru a few additional issues i'm having. For starters I added a Select function to change from String text to Int (as i was getting an error 'Exception Needed' formula) but now this might be causing an issue with my amounts not coming in correctly. Also, I'll need to add a filter to only give me today's dates ('Planning date' = 7/13/23  so it doesn't pull in all dates). 

Thank you very much for your help!

acarter881
12 - Quasar

You're welcome, @WonOne. Conversions are fairly typical, but setting them up correctly is important so you get your expected output and aren't doing any unnecessary conversions. You can dynamically generate today's date with the DateTimeToday function. I hope this helps.

Labels