Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Comparing Data from from one table, Calling out Differences based on Timestamp !!

Siva1990
5 - Atom

Hi, I am new in Alteryx and trying to figure out a workflow:

I have a single History table which gets updated daily with the timestamp. I have herewith attached the screenshot for reference. The left side table (History) contains all details and it has timestamp at the end. I need to compare the current timestamp with previous timestamp and bring the differences. The output i need is displayed on the right side of the image shown below. 

I have attached an excel document for reference. Input(sheet) contains left side tables and output sheet contains the desired result.

aaa.png 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Multi-Row Tool with such a config after sorting the records by Projects: 

IF [Name]=[Row+1:Name]
THEN [Row+1:Price]
ELSE Null()
ENDIF

See the attached WF

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Siva1990 

Here's a way to compare all the fields. In the future please attach your data rather than a screenshot.

Luke_C_0-1656093454646.png

Siva1990
5 - Atom

Thanks for the workflow model. How did you get Name2 ? I have attached the screenshot for reference. 

alteryx_upload.png

I have attached my excel document for designing model.

Many Thanks,

Siva

Siva1990
5 - Atom

I have attached my excel file. Is it possible to develop the model from that ?

Thanks

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Siva1990 

The transpose tool automatically adds fields called Name and Value. Since your data has a field called Name, the transpose tool goes to Name2 since we can't have 2 fields with the same name in alteryx.

I'd strongly suggest you try on your own to adapt my solution to your excel file so you learn Alteryx more rather than have the work done for you. If you experience specific issues you can definitely come back and post the workflow and I'd be more than happy to look into it. 

Labels