Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Compare two date sets and output changes

hasnain_abbas
5 - Atom

I have two months data for several companies in two separate input files with 10+ fields. I want to compare two month's data for each company and identify If a new client is added or removed as compared to previous month. If a client is added to a company, then search using ID if client is movement from another company in the previous month or is a completely new client in a business. If a client is deleted from a company in current month, then check in current month if that client has moved to another company. Please suggest an easier way to solve it. I think we need a macro here. Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
Carolyn
9 - Comet

The way I handle wanting to compare multiple fields is:

1. Take data set 1 and add a suffix to all fields
  2. Take data set 2 and add a (diff) suffix to all fields
  3. Join - for yours, for ones not on both sets, you could then do diff analysis
  4. Add a Record ID
  5. Add a Transpose Tool with Record ID as the Key column and everything else as the Data Columns
  6. Sort
  7. Use a Multi Field Tool to compare each field where the names are the same, minus the suffix

Does that help/make sense? 

Edit: If it doesn't, if you provide some mock data sets, I or someone else on here can give you a sample workflow.

Labels